Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 30

Well, it's almost back to school! Yippee!!!!!
Awhile ago, my friend Leigh posted how she was storing her brads. I'd share a link, but I'm not really sure how. lol. Basically, she made a 12x12 sheet of chipboard and poked holes in it and put all of her brads on one sheet. I loved the idea, and have wanted to do it for a long time, but never got around to it. Today I was thinking to myself that it was time to do something about the 10 packages of brads I had and was going to do what Leigh had done. Then, I started thinking some more (and the smoke started coming out of my head as the gears tried to turn at this old age. lol) and I wondered about whether it would work if I stored them like I do my stamps. hmmmm...

Well, I took a sheet of that grafix paper that I put my stamps onto and laid it on top of my grid mat that I use for scrapbooking. Then I used my paper piercer and poked holes at every 3rd small square. Then, I added my brads, some white cardstock for the back and inserted it into my Tim Holtz pocket folder!

And this is what it looks like.


I am hoping that now that I see my brads, and can lay them over top of a page, I will use them more. I really had no idea that I had 140 brads, not including the ones I just ordered today. (hee hee!)

Thanks for looking!

2 comments: