Sunday, August 12, 2012

A card for Leigh

I'm posting a card that I made for my friend, Leigh's birthday.

I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (berry sorbet, aqua mist, vintage cream), stamps (the sweet life, turning a new leaf, mega gracious vases, polka dot stamps), Simple Stripes IP and dies (the sweet life, layerz mat stack #5, double-ended banner).

Thanks for looking!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 27, 2012

I decided to play along with the MIM at Papertrey Ink. I made a card for my son Corbin. I used My Mind's Eye pp, and a bunch of PTI stuff! (limitless layers, circles, a flower die - don't know which one, double ended banner dies, word dies, Mendi medallion stamp, and borrowed a stamp or two from my friend Leigh)
Thanks for looking! It was fun to actually play with paper again.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April 18

Wow!  Can you believe it is April.  I am so looking forward to sitting on my deck, and enjoying some sunMy friend Leigh told me about her new system of storing die cuts and so I decided to go to Staples to try to find what she was talking about.  I think that I found something slightly different, but similar and I decided to give it a  try .  And I am in love.  I love having all of my die cuts handy and I can find them so quickly and they are sooo organized. I just love it.

So, I bought a black Marth Stewart binder, I believe the size is 9x7 or so, from Staples ($9.99) The Time Holz pocket folders that I store my stamps in would completely fit in this binder.

Then I bought a few packs of inserts at around $3.99 each. Some of the inserts have four on each page and some only had one large insert. But the REALLY cool thing about these inserts is that each pocket has a flap that folds down over the opening, so whatever is inside the pocket does not come out! How cool is that. So, all of my smaller dies fit in each pocket. And they don't fall out!!

Then, I used the full page with a flap at the top for my larger die cuts. I simply sewed a horizontal stitch halfway across the folder. Then I carefully slit the top layer of plastic underneath the stitch to make a second pocket!!! (In the future, I might try to sew a small flap to the plastic when I make this stitching in order to give a flap on the bottom pocket as well) So, this large pocket became 2!

Finally, I had vertical die cuts to try to figure out what to do with. I initially placed them all into one large pocket folder, but did not like it. So, here I stitched 2 vertical seams along the folder and viola! I had a spot for each individual die!

Now, this binder fits into the basket where my Tim Holz pocket folders are holding all of my stamps and it is all together! I love it

Thanks for looking!

Friday, February 10, 2012

February 10, 2012

I decided to play along today with Nichole's challenge. I made a card using her sketch #5. I just also want to say that I am loving the mat stack #5 stamp set. Love. Really. :)

Posted by Picasa